Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 21

October 11, 2012

A couple of amazing things happened today.

1. I ate a cookie
....well a fourth of one. I was at my clinical in Salt Lake and there were peanut butter cookies on a tray in the front room. No one was watching, I was all alone. And I thought, "man, if I could just have a TASTE of one of those cookies, this moment would be so much better..." but I knew myself too well to trust that once I took one bite I would be able to set the cookie down. And i couldn't eat the whole cookie - it would knock me out of ketosis. So I thought for a second and said to myself, "EMILY, you can DO this!" haha and I took a cookie, snuck into the bathroom, broke it in half, threw one half away, broke it in half again, threw another half away, and then popped the fourth that was left into my mouth. YUM! And then I went back to work :)

2. I had sub zero ice cream with a friend.
...kiddie size. I got premium with peanut butter and agave and had them mix in chunks of brownie. it was SO GOOD. and guess what? IT DIDN'T KNOCK ME OUT OF KETOSIS!!!! amazing!! seriously I knew agave was better for you than sugar but when it comes to this diet, I just figured carbs were carbs and agave pretty much has just as many as sugar. But I really wanted to be able to do something fun with my friend and I had decided this was worth it, even if it meant I had to go workout on an empty stomach the next morning. But I was pleasantly surprised tonight to find that I was still in full-blown ketosis. Yay. I think my body really is truly adapted now. I love my body :)

No comments:

Post a Comment