Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 12

October 2, 2012

Well last night I gave in and decided to have a cheat day. After three wonderful days of feeling on top of the world with more energy than I've ever had in my life, I figured my body was completely adapted to the ketogenic diet and I would be fine having a carb feast as long as I got right back to the diet the next day. Welp, I was wrong. Today was miserable. Actually let me take that back. The morning was fine because my glycogen stores were totally full and I had this crazy urge to work out. Like, my body woke me up at 6:00am wanting to go lift weights (after going to bed at 2am, no way would I ever consciously force myself to do that). Seriously, I had no control, its what my body wanted. So I did. And then I ran, and then I biked, and then about two hours later I crashed. I'm pretty sure I was in a hypoglycemic state at this point. I was so tired and irritated and sad but still not hungry! I figured out pretty quick what was going on and luckily I had maintained my lack of carbohydrate cravings so I didn't resort to that to feel better. I just decided to wait it out. So here I am, dead tired and about to go to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Also I tested for ketones with a urinalysis stick and I'm totally not in ketosis anymore. I knew that anyway but for some reason wanted to scientifically support my observation. lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment