Thursday, September 27, 2012

Days 5-7

September 25, 2012

Today was pretty normal. I stuck to my diet. Didn't drink a ton of water though...I need to be better about that. I've been really tired since I started this diet. Not surprising. I kind of expected that to happen because my body is so used to having an overload of carbohydrates propelling it. I've heard that most people when starting this diet spend the first week or two a little confused and tired so I'm not to worried. I just hope my body will adjust soon!

September 26, 2012

I discovered basil pesto tilapia today!!! yay!!! I think I might actually be able to make it through the rest of this 30-day project now.

September 27, 2012

So today I decided to eat bacon. And boy am I glad I made that decision. I have been avoiding it simply because of the stigma that it has. I'm so used to associating bacon with fat people and those with heart disease. Its hard to change my way of thinking to accepting foods high in fat, esp. saturated fat. But what I have to remember is that the fat is not having the same negative effects in my body as it normally would because its not coupled with the insulin-raising effect that carbohydrates have (because i'm not eating hardly any carbohydrates). The other thing I have to remember is that the fat is what's keeping me from getting hungry and having cravings all the time. That's the nice thing about this diet. Even though I'm eating high-fat foods, I'm eating less of them because I only eat when I'm hungry and I'm hardly ever hungry because of all the fat I'm eating. That makes more sense in my head than on paper. Anyway because I don't have the carb cravings I'm probably overall still eating less fat than I normally would because I'm not eating all the nasty junk food that's high in carbs AND fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment