Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 1

Today was interesting. I started off the day with some low-fat high-protein greek yogurt mixed with a little liquid stevia and vanilla to make it satisfy my sweet tooth. I then realized that I didn't really have anything else in my cupboard/fridge to eat that didn't require a good amount of preparation so I didn't eat anything for a while. It didn't help that I am still trying to get over my cold and haven't had much of an appetite anyway. So I mostly laid in bed all day and slept (the cold was really bothering me) and by the time 2:00 rolled around I figured i should probably eat something. So i grabbed a spoonful of peanut butter. Yum. About an hour later I left to drive home for the weekend and on my way out of town picked up some cashews and carrots. Keep in mind I'm not feeling well...I don't normally eat like an anorexic person, but today I simply wasn't hungry. Until I drove for about four hours and decided it was time for a taco salad (I threw out the crunchy at the bottom of course). Keeping the ketogenic diet on the road is difficult, and I realized I'm gonna have to get creative sometimes. Luckily jack in the box has awesomely delicious grilled chicken strips and most other fast food places have salads and gas stations usually have nuts or cheesesticks. Anyway I made it home without breaking my diet - I ended  up eating a lot of fast food eggs and carrots though! Tomorrow will be better. My mom's house is full of healthy snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment